Friday, December 17, 2010

The Rest of the Story..............

As I pondered the whereabouts of the 'missing' items from my Sea Post box.............It was not lost on me how calm I was about the whole thing..........that some fairly valuable and beautiful items............Indigenous Artwork........two works on paper........

Were missing from the box.

Roz and I, in concert,  had decided to roll them into a mailing tube and put that tube in the box for extra protection.........

And when I opened the box at it's destination, the tube and it's contents were missing from it.

So many things ran through our minds of what could have happened.......... the box could have broken open, the items lost.......it could have been pilfered..........

But what actually did happen, it seems, is that someone in Darwin decided to take the tube out of the box at some point and send it separately.


 Thank GOD I labeled it for mailing................as it arrived the next day.......safe and sound............





without any postage affixed............









Precious Cargo..............




Etchings by Nungalka (Tjaria) Stanley an artist of the Anangu Pitjantijatjara Yankunytjatjara Lands in the remote north-west corner of South Australia.

Two prints titled Milpatjunanyi/Telling Stories in the Sand.......

2 comments:

  1. see, the Dogs Above always look after things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my Dear, they seem to always be pulling my sled along.............there for us at every turn...........woof woof.....
    Thank You Dogs...........

    ReplyDelete