Friday, July 1, 2011

Ritual.......

In moving.......one of the things I had to address was my 'sand tray'..........I had been thinking.......what to do with the sand (and stones)  I'd collected from the beach at the Jolli Lodge (check out Greg Jolliffe's amazing photos of this area here).....in northern Michigan........last summer.......almost a year ago........where this part of my journey seemed to start.......

So I had this SAND.......beautiful pure Lake Michigan sand.........and it didn't seem right to cart it off to New Mexico....

so I brought it down to the little lake......really a pond.......near my place.............

And poured it onto an outcropping of 'man placed' rocks..........in the early morning....a day or so ago...

And put my bare feet into the sand..........and took a beautiful breath.....in............pulling the energy from that sand into my feet and body.............there is nothing like bare feet in sand..........especially when it is cool and warm at the same time........

And I stepped out of the sand..........and smoothed it out.............and drew a spiral with my finger........and went to my bag of stones.........










like these........














And accepted....

and let go of......

the relationships and situations that have not seemed to serve my best interest...........now and in the past.....

It goes something like this............holding the rock in my left receiving hand ......"I accept you - fill in the blank...........(then placing the rock in my right hand).......and I release you in Love".........as I tossed the rock into the small lake.......again and again.........not so many times......

And with the rest of the stones........I placed them.........

















like this.........







wondering if they are still there..........

No comments:

Post a Comment