Sunday, July 24, 2011

Where walls meet the floor..........















Last Saturday I had a day of enrichment..........

It began with a conversation with my dear friend Wendy, which after many hours of recalling it.......I can only say it was 'nourishing'.........have you ever had a nourishing conversation?  This was the first time for me........that I noticed it.......that it filled me up..........

And then I went to my local coffee shop and met and had good conversation with our local Constable.......and then met my neighbor Deb and her friends.......and had nourishing conversation there too.........and heard myself laugh.......

What's up?  I'm wondering if it's me.....or them.......or this place I'm in.........

And also from my conversation with Wendy.........as I was lamenting ONCE AGAIN........that I am cleaning my house from top to bottom, inside and out........I have moved enough to know this is my pattern.....I must know every corner of my dwelling intimately.......I must have this relationship with my place.........And please know I am not a 'clean freak'........I just need to do this once.......make sure my dwelling has my attention..........and now I am OK with it.   That I have this ritual I must perform........to know where the walls meet the floor and ceiling.........in every room.........where ever I live......I must know this........then I can move on........

Lucky for me this time it's a small house..........

and then.......an old friend came in for a visit.......and we talked and walked........and laughed......and after that I went to dinner with new friends.......and drove one home (a few short blocks)........and sat and talked to her.......for a long time and it too was ......

nourishing........

and I wonder what is the difference.....?

Between here and there.........

and I think the difference is...

it is slow and small and quiet here.....

and it is hurried, big and noisy.....

where I came from......

3 comments:

  1. sounds good there..very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it's always good to clean away 'their' germs to make room for your own :))

    ReplyDelete