Thursday, May 26, 2011

Marcella.........

Today I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time...........

That is to give this..........



Print I made........in 1999......time flies

(it is a collagraph,  using a technique I developed.......at least I think I did........

printed with water soluble oil paint instead of etching ink.........)










to my friend and model for the piece...........

Marcella...........

Marcella is a very beautiful special person and quite a renown life drawing model in the Detroit area.....

I am so fortunate to know her and count her as my friend.

As we visited today......I learned once again.......she has been modeling for Detroit area artists for over 50 years......



Can you imagine?

She told me, although she did not write it down yet......that when she dies.........she wants all of the pieces she has of her.........displayed at the funeral home.  Isn't that a nice idea?  To know that if that happens................ she will have this piece in her collection........makes me very happy.  I hope I'm there to see that show!.........not that it will be any time soon!

2 comments:

  1. that is precious. what an amazing woman u know. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooooo yoooooooou.........I miss you.......I will be back!!!! I know u are an amazing woman 2!!! And don't we know so many of them????!!!
    Arohanui, tino arohanui......
    oxoxox

    ReplyDelete