Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Check lists..........

My 'Sis' was visiting this weekend and told me how she learned it was important to make 'lists'.......check lists.......and how she learned the more complex a task........the more complex, no.... 'detailed', the list must be.  That is how my memory serves me on this.  And I was listening!  Because I am a big fan of 'the list'. Note: please go here for how important lists are.........especially when one is in the business of caring for lives........as she is.......and he is.......

And being a big fan of 'the list'.......I even thought to save some lists I've made in my life because they were so detailed and attended to...........I must say.......I've gotten a lot done that way.......

However, I recall recently.... I learned.....or re-remembered..... that we don't really need lists.  That if we are doing what our heart center desires........what our soul requires........all that we really need to get done is done.........the 'lists' are for the 'shoulds' of our lives..........what we think we 'should' do.........

So in this task.......of moving.........since no one gave me a 'reason to stay'.....I can still hear the music.......

I am moving forward in a most unusual way, for me at least.........I think of something to do......and I do it......no ruminating.   No judging.  I just do it.  In the flow.........

1) Call Uncle Joe about health insurance - check

2) Drop off nice leather jacket and Tizio lamp to Vi for gift and safekeeping - check

3) Notify friends of my plans - ongoing check

4) Secure storage space for what I can't think of departing with - check

5) Ask Annie to help with my studio purge and pack up - check

6) Call my eye doctor to see when my next far off appointment is - check

7) Look at stuff in my studio and think of folks who might want it and act on it in the moment - check

8) Take gallon of paint primer and Floitral to Mick who might need it, surely I won't - check

and on and on......

So really ......everything I'm doing now is when I think of it.  No second guessing.  Just trusting.  That it is the right thing.  And oddly for me........most of it is gifting.....giving away stuff I love and things I have made.......

Now.......this is not easy......this trusting thing......trust me......it feels like a leap.  

And I can't tell anyone how to get here.  To this place of leaping.  I wish I could..........but really it doesn't matter.......

Because most of my friends, when I tell them what I'm doing...........say they could never do it.


3 comments:

  1. the crunch is that when it comes to the very end none of it really matters anyway
    so
    shedding a few skins sounds like a good plan...
    you may yet inspire some fellow travellers

    ReplyDelete
  2. my wish completely.........to inspire.........it's never about us is it?............my dear friend........ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds very freeing indeed. i sure could shed some skins myself both in identity and in belongings. funny how we can accumulate things that seem important but in the bigger picture they aren't necessary after all. well said Indi. x

    ReplyDelete