Friday, January 20, 2012

Silence........

Even for me, the silence of my blog posts is deafening.........

With all the hubub of the holidays and what followed I am drenched in solitude.......and loving the silence......of puttering......and thinking......and clearing my mind......doing small overdue chores......tending to once thought tedious paperwork........that becomes simple with a clear mind........one of clear purpose........

So that's what I've been up to........quieting my mind......cleaning.....attending to legal issues.....all possible with new love in my heart.....and a great healing that took place with my family on my recent trip to be with them.......and what a great start to a new year........

And with that calm.......I'm being lured into catalogs from Penland and Shakerag......once again....as they do ......send them out on the most blustery of days......so we can dream of making things in their bits of heaven........

Today as I accomplished quite a bit in the correspondence and legal department.......I dropped off some boxes at the shed I use for a studio, to see if the temperature was workable.......it's been fridgid here and there is no heat there other than a space heater......and it was...workable...so that is good.......as I hope to be back to work next week......after I go into the city........

to drop...... 



(pardon the pun)... 

off my treasured laptop at the Apple Store

.....and have it synced with my new one.........

which will no doubt keep me busy and frustrated until it is fully up and running........

So toodles and ta ta.........and have a wonderful weekend........

and

Please take a look at India Flint's little blog about a workshop she is giving at Beautiful Silks in Melbourne

.....I LOVE the name of it....

the workshop and the image of the dress I have in my mind.....or the way of dress.....

be inspired.

The Talisman Dress.......

2 comments:

  1. ahhh , to easily drop over into your silent space for breakfast burritos down the way , a few hours in the 'studio' and cocktails on the back verandah!
    perhaps a little brisk for that bit over on the other side.. no matter , is a fine thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the kindly mention
    and
    my condolences as regards your silver-coloured friend! ouch.

    ReplyDelete